Policy Hackers Fellowship Application Now Open for 2021-2022
We believe the future should be better represented in Washington. That’s why we’re creating Policy Hackers, to develop a new cohort of innovation policy advocates. Applications are open from now until July 18, 2021.
Policy Hackers is a year-long, non-resident fellowship program for tech professionals (Please Note: This Fellowship is not for people who already work in policy). The curriculum is designed to work around the busy schedule of innovators and to teach them how to be effective policy advocates in their current role and equip them for long-term success working the policy space.
This programming will include opportunities to meet and learn from policy scholars, top lobbyists, public relations experts, and government policymakers. It will feature small group discussions and seminars on topics such as:
- How to influence the policy process
- How to work with think tanks, trade associations, and public affairs or lobbying firms
- Principles for the regulation of emerging technologies
- Legislative procedure and regulatory process
- How to work with state and federal agencies
- How to engage with the media
- Bespoke programming based on individual needs and interests
Fellowship programming will include the following (all travel expenses covered by the program):
- Washington, DC: In person convening September 15-17, 2021
- San Francisco, CA: In person convening December 8-11, 2021
- Virtual Sessions: Biweekly seminars with issue experts and policymakers
Click here to apply. If you have any questions please contact alexiaa@Joinlincoln.org.
Tags: Policy Hackers