TechCongress Is Now Accepting Applications for its Congressional Digital Service Fellowship
“Out of 3,500 congressional staff, less than 20 have any technical background. Decent governance in the 21st century REQUIRES talented technologists to serve in government. ”
— Travis Moore, Founder and Director of TechCongress
Now, TechCongress has launched a new Congressional Digital Service Fellowship for experienced technologists. Here’s what they’re looking for:
- Commitment to helping get Members of Congress and Congressional staff up to speed on technology issues.
- Experience on a government tech team (USDS, 18F, TTS, PIF, Code for America, Coding it Forward, state or local government digital services) is a big, big plus.
- Ability to start in Washington, D.C. by June 15, 2020.
- At least five years of work or postgraduate study.
- Possessing some or a few of the following technical skills:
- Experience coding in C/C++, Go, Python or Java
- Front-end development experience– HTML/CSS
- Experience with Identity and Access Management protocols
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL data stores
- Experience with Lean or Agile concepts
- Experience working in or studying the technology sector. Experience on an Executive Branch Tech Team (USDS, 18F, TTS, PIF) is a big, big plus.
- Great interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to explain technology to those that aren’t as familiar with technology tools or concepts.
- Track record of success taking initiative and working with others.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Apply by 11:59 pm ET on Sunday, May 10, 2020. Click here for a direct link to the application.