Symposium on Technology Assessment
In July of last year, Lincoln Network announced a call for papers on the future of technology assessment and science advice for Congress. The following papers from the first round of this series are available below.
- “Legislative Science Advice in Europe and the United Kingdom,” by Chris Tyler, University College London
- “The Many Meanings of ‘Technology Assessment,’” by M. Anthony Mills, R Street Institute
- “A Fresh Start for OTA,” by Rob Atkinson, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
- “Congress Re-Empowered,” by Wayne T. Brough, Innovation Defense Foundation; and Josh Withrow, FreedomWorks
- “A New-Old Vision for Congressional Technology Assessment,” by Kathryn Wagner Hill, Johns Hopkins University
The series was edited by Adam Keiper and Elizabeth Foz, and is published under a CC BY 4.0 license. It was made possible by a grant from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
We’re also planning to compile selections from the series, along with other essays, into a print booklet.