Job Opening: Innovation Policy Expert
Lincoln Network was founded to be a bridge between policymakers and innovators, closing the gap between tech hubs like Silicon Valley and policy hubs like Washington, DC. We see our value proposition in cross-pollination, network building, and translation between groups that don’t speak the same language. Our work includes helping innovators understand the policy world, and bringing the voices of technologists and entrepreneurs into policy conversations. We also believe in a world of free markets and free people, and that fostering a robust but responsible innovation ecosystem is crucial to creating a better, freer, and more abundant future.
To help advance this mission, Lincoln Network is seeking to hire an Innovation Policy Fellow. This person will report to Lincoln Network’s Head of Policy, and will be responsible for helping manage programs, as well as writing blog posts, op-eds and papers related to Lincoln’s mission.
This is a full-time position, preferably located in Washington, DC, or the Bay Area. Extraordinary candidates who live in other areas will also be considered. This position will work from a co-working space or remotely.
- Authoring white papers, blog posts and op-eds.
- Conduct analysis to inform Lincoln’s policy positions and priorities.
- Working with policy, development, and events teams to plan and promote conferences, policy forums, salon dinners, and other activities.
- Attending external meetings and events.
- Managing interns and fellows working on policy.
- Some travel, mostly between the Bay Area and DC (approx. 1-3 times per quarter).
- Support for the Lincoln Network’s mission and policy vision.
- Experience working with right-of-center policy organizations and/or experience representing policy agendas to government officials and legislative staff.
- Broad professional network that spans think tanks, academia, industry, and government.
- Expertise in a relevant policy area. Academic or professional background in a technical field (e.g. computer engineering) is a plus. Experience working for a technology company or in the federal government is also a plus.
- Highly refined communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to work independently, and produce high-level results under deadlines.
- 2–5 years of experience in relevant positions preferred.
- Portfolio of published work.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following materials:
- Resume (one page preferred).
- Informal cover letter describing your interest in Lincoln Network’s mission and your salary requirements.
- Writing sample. May be in the form of a white paper, op-ed, or other material. Must be policy relevant.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com with the subject, “Application: Innovation Policy Fellow.” Only direct applications will be considered.
Lincoln Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Tags: Lincoln Network