Job Opening: Events and Outreach Coordinator
Lincoln Network was founded to be a bridge between policymakers and innovators, closing the gap between tech hubs like Silicon Valley and policy hubs like Washington, DC. We believe in a world of free markets and free people, and that fostering a robust but responsible innovation ecosystem is crucial to creating a better, freer, and more abundant future.
To help advance this mission, Lincoln Network is seeking to hire a Events and Outreach Coordinator to support our growing policy team. The Events and Outreach Coordinator will report to Lincoln Network’s Head of Policy, and work closely with the Director of Cyber and National Security, the Executive Director, and other team members.
This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, medical, and 401k match. It is preferably located in Washington, DC, or the San Francisco Bay Area. Extraordinary candidates who live in other areas will also be considered. This position will work from a co-working space or remotely, depending on location. While there may be some opportunities for independent writing, this is primarily a support role.
- Assisting with the drafting of outreach, event emails, donor communications, event promotions, and other materials.
- Working with policy, development, and events teams to plan and promote conferences, policy forums, salon dinners, and other activities. This includes logistics for Lincoln’s annual Reboot American Innovation conference in November 2020.
- Managing logistics for Lincoln’s new fellowship.
- Attending external meetings and events.
- Other administrative assistance to Lincoln’s policy team.
- Some travel, mostly between the Bay Area and DC (approx. once per quarter).
- Support for the Lincoln Network’s mission.
- Highly organized and meticulously detail oriented.
- Highly refined communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to communicate complex ideas through both traditional and social media forms.
- Familiarity with Excel, Word, and collaboration via Google Docs.
- Ability to work independently, and produce high-level results under deadlines.
- Experience in relevant positions (e.g. think tank or government) is preferred but not required.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following materials:
- Resume (one page preferred).
- Informal cover letter describing your interest in Lincoln Network’s mission and your salary requirements.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com with the subject, “Job Application.”
Learn more about Lincoln’s policy work at: https://lincolnpolicy.org/
Lincoln Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Update: This position has been filled.