Roundtable Event: Tech in Texas
Date: Oct. 12, 2021
Time: 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Texas Public Policy Foundation
901 Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701
Online via Livestream
The Texas Public Policy Foundation, Lincoln Network, and REX invite you to join us for an informal night of conversation, cocktails, and networking on October 12th. Our roundtable speakers will be discussing Austin’s booming technology industry, why Austin continues to draw businesses, and the future of Texas.
- Kevin Roberts, Ph.D. (Moderator) – Chief Executive Officer, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Garrett Johnson (Speaker) – Executive Director, Lincoln Network
- Stacy Hock (Panelist) – Philanthropist, Public Policy Activist, and Private Investor
- Geoff Lewis (Panelist) – Founder and Managing Partner, Bedrock
- Jack Ryan (Panelist) – CEO and Co-Founder, REX
- 4:30-5:30PM – Roundtable Discussion + Q&A in Theater or Online via Livestream
- 5:30-6:30PM – Complimentary Reception on 6th Floor for in-person attendees
There are two RSVP options for this event: 1) TPPF Theater (in-person) or 2) Livestream (online). When you RSVP, you will receive more information on how to attend in-person or tune in online, plus a reminder before our event and access to the video if you’re unable to watch in real time or want to share it with friends and neighbors.
The livestream can be viewed Tuesday, October 12th at 4:30PM CT via the following links.
Please see the parking options below and click here for a parking map:
1) Metered parking – pay per minute/hour Congress Avenue – 9th Street, and surrounding streets
2) Peak Parking LLC – $6.00 for first 30 minutes then $3.00 for each additional 30 minutes – 176 E 9th St, Austin, TX 78701
3) Capitol Tower – $9.00 per hour – 206 E 9th Street, Austin, TX 78701
- Lincoln Network – Lincoln Network was founded to bridge the gap between innovators and policymakers, and advance a more perfect union between technology and democracy. We believe in a world of competitive markets and free people, and that fostering a robust but responsible innovation ecosystem is crucial to creating a better, freer, and more abundant future.
- REX – REX was created in 2015 to bring residential real estate into line with today’s expectations by using AI and big data to push past the outmoded practices of traditional real estate brokers to provide a superior outcome for both buyers and sellers. REX is bringing home transaction fees way down – enabling consumers to use that money as they see fit – and using technology to make the buying and selling of homes convenient and transparent instead of stressful and complex.
*Please note this is a co-sponsored event and your RSVP information may be shared with our partner organization. When you RSVP, you will receive more event information and a reminder before the event.