How Should Conservatives Approach Tech?
Date: Feb. 17, 2022
Time: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Criticizing tech has become a staple for Republican politicians and pundits, reflecting that a majority of Americans on both sides of the aisle now support increased regulation. Given shifting norms on free speech, what points of alignment exist with the left, and what should the right’s future policy agenda look like? Are conservatives, in their reaction against tech, missing an opportunity to disrupt and fracture the traditional strongholds of the left, including academia, Hollywood, and the media? Or should they pursue proposals to rein in and break up the tech giants?
The discussion will be featuring:
• Antonio García Martínez, Senior Fellow, Lincoln Network
• Rachel Bovard, Senior Director of Policy, Conservative Partnership Institute
• Neil Chilson, Senior Research Fellow, Stand Together
• Kara Frederick, Research Fellow, The Heritage Foundation
• Nathan Leamer, Vice President, Targeted Victory (Moderator)
The discussion will begin at 6:00pm. Networking reception to follow.
This invitation-only event is co-hosted by Lincoln Network and the Conservative Partnership Institute.